Jolly & Bright KG
A holiday decoration contest
Are you decorating your home for the holidays this year? Share your decorating traditions of ornaments, garlands, lights and more with your community by entering the county’s first-ever home decorating contest!
All entries are due by Friday, Dec. 8, at 4:30 p.m. Staff will visit each entry to determine the finalists who will then be posted to the county’s Facebook page (@KGVAGov) where the public will vote for a winner between Wednesday, Dec. 13, and noon on Tuesday, Dec. 19. The winner will be announced on Wednesday, Dec. 20.
All submissions will be included in a map for others to visit on a self-guided tour from the comfort of their own vehicles. The map will be updated as applications are received and can be found at kinggeorgecountyva.gov/jollyandbrightkgmap. Submissions may choose to opt out of having their home included in the map and having their address shared with the public.
Rules & Regulations
- Decorations for the contest must be available and lit up on December 11-12 between 5:30-9 p.m. for judging and pictures.
- A local government vehicle will be driving by your home to take a photo of your submission on either December 11 or 12 from 5:30-9 p.m.
- The contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior. Judging will be done from outside the residence only.
- When county staff comes to judge submissions to determine finalists, no persons are to appear in the photo taken by staff. If a clearly visible person appears, the submission will be disqualified.
- Judging criteria will include:
- Unique design and creative use of lights and decorations.
- Storyline or theme
- Display and placement of decorations, animated objects, etc.
- Overall presentation
- Finalists shall be posted to the County’s Facebook page.
- Entries must be located within King George County limits.
- Deadline to register is December 8 at 4:30 p.m.
Please email completed registration forms to email@example.com or mail to the Communications & Community Engagement Office at 10459 Courthouse Drive, Suite 200, King George, VA 22485.
The winner of the contest will be presented with an item commemorating the occasion.